Viatris was formed in 2020 through the combination of Mylan and Upjohn, a legacy division of Pfizer. By integrating the strengths of these two companies, including our global workforce of ~38,000, we aim to deliver increased access to affordable, quality medicines for patients worldwide.
Our global portfolio includes best-in-class, iconic brand name products as well as global key brands; generics, including branded and complex generics; biosimilars; and over-the-counter offerings across a wide range of therapeutic areas. We are committed to helping create healthier communities worldwide through education, outreach and better access to treatment.
- At Viatris, we have one of the strongest global commercial infrastructures in the industry, with a balanced reach across North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific region and emerging markets.
- We are domiciled in the United States, with three global centers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.; Shanghai, China; and Hyderabad, India.
- We operate approximately 50 manufacturing sites, which produce oral solid doses, injectables, complex dosage forms and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- And we maintain an industry-leading pipeline, composed of numerous complex generics, biosimilars and global key brands.
- As we work to fully transition to the Viatris brand commercially and operationally, you may continue to see both the Mylan and Upjohn names in certain markets. Throughout this process, our priority remains serving patients by finding innovative solutions to meet their evolving healthcare needs.